The aim of the European Sound Studies Association is to provide an international, interdisciplinary and interprofessional organization for promoting the study of sound. Join ESSA and register online
The functions of the Association include:
- providing a forum where those involved in the study of sound can meet and exchange information about their work;
- organizing regular conferences;
- disseminating information about sound studies on the association’s web pages and through its mailing list;
- encouraging the development of research and systematic study in topics and in areas where such study is not well developed;
- encouraging recognition of sound as an area for scholarly research;
- providing information on sound sources and resources and encouraging their development.
Third International ESSA Conference
After presenting the first and the second ESSA conferences in two consecutive years we will go biannual. The third international ESSA conference will thus take place in 2016. The host will be announced as soon as possible.
Call for articles: Soundscapes of South-East Asia
The Journal of Sonic Studies is searching for scholarly and artistic contributions that deal with the relation between South-East Asian history, culture, society, and politics and the production, distribution, and reception of sounds, noises, and silence. The broader aim of this special issue is to establish sound as an analytical category that provides us with [...]