The aim of the European Sound Studies Association is to provide an international, interdisciplinary and interprofessional organization for promoting the study of sound. Join ESSA and register online
The functions of the Association include:
- providing a forum where those involved in the study of sound can meet and exchange information about their work;
- organizing regular conferences;
- disseminating information about sound studies on the association’s web pages and through its mailing list;
- encouraging the development of research and systematic study in topics and in areas where such study is not well developed;
- encouraging recognition of sound as an area for scholarly research;
- providing information on sound sources and resources and encouraging their development.
Petition concerning Anahid Kassabian
Marta García Quiñones and Elena Boschi have launched a petition asking for help to stop managed attacks on ESSA co-founder Anahid Kassabian, whose position at the University of Liverpool is at risk at the moment. It can be found on Change.org.